E1 Teleprotection Equipment - Digital Protection Signaling Equipment
Orion Telecom Offers Power Utility Solutions Oil & Gas Networks Solutions Railway & Metro Rail Solutions PTP IEEE-1588v2 GPS Primary Reference Clock Packet Optical Transport Multiplexers Teleprotection SCADA, FOTE, OLTE Digital Cross Connects Echo Cancellers IP/Ethernet over TDM 1+1 APS (Fail-Over) Solutions Monitoring Groomer Solutions
Teleprotection - E1
VCL-TP, Teleprotection with E1, 2.048Mbps, G.703 interface over an E1 Link is an extremely rugged product has been designed to operate reliably even under the most demanding conditions and environment. The VCL-TP, Teleprotection Equipment offers up to 8, 2-way independent command channels which can be operated over an E1, 2.048Mbps, G.703 interface option for transmission over E1 links.
VCL-TP, E1 Teleprotection Equipment may be used independently in a point-to-point application between two nodes connected over an optical fiber link, or it may be used as an integrated part of the VCL-MX Version 6, E1 voice and data multiplexer solution over SDH or PDH data networks.
Transmission interface options include:
- E1, 2.048Mbps, G.703 interface option for transmission over an E1 link
- 64Kbps, G.703 co-directional digital data interface option for transmission over 64Kbps data link
- IEEE C37.94 compliant Multi-Mode optical fiber interface for transmission over short-reach multi-mode optical fiber link
- IEEE C37.94 modulation compliant Single-Mode optical fiber interface for transmission over long-reach, single-mode optical fiber link (≤ 40 KM, ≤ 80 KM, ≤ 120 KM, ≤ 150 KM, ≤ 180 KM)
- Teleprotection over IP/MPLS – 10/100BaseT (Electrical) or 100BaseFX (Optical) Ethernet Interface to provide Teleprotection over IP/MPLS link
- Teleprotection with IEC-61850 GOOSE Interface over E1 Interface
- Teleprotection with IEC-61850 GOOSE Interface over C37.94 Interface
Features and Highlights
- E1, 2.048Mbps, G.703 interface for transmission over 4-wire electrical links
- Unrivaled Speed, Security and Reliability
- Use in a Standalone, Point-To-Point Application
- Use as an integrated part of the VCL-MX Version 6, E1 Voice and Data Multiplexer solution over an SDH or PDH data network
- 1+1 Route / Path Protection when used as an integrated part of the VCL-MX Version 6, E1 Voice and Data Multiplexer solution over an SDH or PDH data network.
- Compact, standard 19-Inch Rack-mountable, 2U high chassis.
- Bi-directional Transmission of 8 command Inputs and 8 command outputs
- Full Duplex Operation
- Automatic loop test facility
- User programmable for Direct Tripping, Permissive Tripping and Blocking Protection Schemes
- Compliant with IEC 60834-1 standards
- IRIG-B / NTP Time Synchronization
- Available in 48V DC, 110V DC and 250V DC configurations.
- Available with E1 interface:
- 8 Command Teleprotection Terminal
- (8 Nos. Tx & Rx independent command inputs & outputs for providing interconnection with Power Protection Relays).
- Available power options: 48V DC, 110V DC, 250V DC.
Flexibility and User Programmability
- User programmable command holding delay for error resistant command inputs
- User programmable command sampling rate for error resistant command transmission
- Less than 2ms command transfer time
- Less than 4ms relay operating time
- Less than 6ms back-to-back operating time (including relay operating time)
Event and Alarm Logging
- Time-Stamped Alarm Logging
- Time-Stamped Event Logging.
Management and Monitoring
- RS232 serial, USB serial interfaces for local terminal access
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet Interface for remote access over an IP network
- Encrypted Password Protection
- Telnet - Remote access over IP links
- SSH - Secured remote access using Secure Shell Protocol over IP links
- SNMP Traps and NMS for real time remote monitoring and management over an IP network
- Automatic Link Test feature – link testing at user programmable periodical intervals
- Visual I/O status – LED Display.
- Advanced Communication Protocols to ensure reliable transmission of commands
- Power Supply Immunity to withstand impulse surges and transients of up to 10,000 Volts
- High Quality Relays – withstands voltage 10 kV between coil and contacts (1.2 × 50 μþs)
- Maximum Switching Voltage: 400V AC or 300V DC
- Optoisolated Command Inputs
- Optoisolated Relay Outputs
- Relays - Mechanical: 10,000,000 operations min. (at 18,000 operations/hour).
Error Detection and Coding
- Line Code Violation Detection
- LOS Detection
- Block Command Encoding as per IEEE C37.94.
Application # 1: Teleprotection over IEEE C37.94 Interface over SDH / PDH Network
Figure # 1 – Typical Application over an IEEE C37.94 Optical Channel, or E1 interface, or as an integrated part of the E1 PDH Voice & Data Multiplexer solution over an SDH or PDH data network.
Application # 2: Typical Application over an IEEE C37.94 compliant optical link
Figure # 2 – Typical Application over an IEEE C37.94 compliant optical link, as an integrated part of the E1 PDH Voice & Data Multiplexer solution over an SDH or PDH data network.