VCL-SafeComm-F, Ethernet Failover Switch - Application Diagram
Orion Telecom Offers Power Utility Solutions Oil & Gas Networks Solutions Railway & Metro Rail Solutions PTP IEEE-1588v2 GPS Primary Reference Clock Packet Optical Transport Multiplexers Teleprotection SCADA, FOTE, OLTE Digital Cross Connects Echo Cancellers IP/Ethernet over TDM 1+1 APS (Fail-Over) Solutions Monitoring Groomer Solutions
VCL-SafeComm-E is a family of Ethernet Link Protection Switches that provide 1+1 Automatic Ethernet Failover Protection between an "active" and "standby" equipment or IP networks. VCL-SafeComm-E is available in 2 variants.
VCL-SafeComm-F, which provides 1+1 Automatic Ethernet Failover Protection between two (Main and Standby) RTUs, Servers, Routers, Switches. The VCL-SafeComm-F can be used to provide equipment redundancy for applications which require 99.99% up-time. The VCL-SafeComm-F automatic fail-over protection automatically switches to the "standby" equipment in the event of failure of the "primary" equipment to ensure that the 99.99% up-time requirements are always being met. In the event of failure of the "primary / working" equipment, the VCL-SafeComm-F, Ethernet Failover Switch shall automatically switch and reroute all Cables to "secondary"/"standby" equipment. This ensures that downtime that would have otherwise occurred upon the failure of the "primary" equipment without automatic Ethernet failover capability, never occurs.
VCL-SafeComm-N, which provides 1+1 Automatic Ethernet Failover Protection between 2, IP Networks. The VCL-SafeComm-N can be used to provide link protection between IP networks across diverse domains such as fiber-radio; or fiber-satellite; or fiber-PSDN (Public Switched Data Network) to provide automatic fail-over protection to the "standby" network in the event of failure of the "primary" network.
VCL-SafeComm-N, Ethernet Network Protection Switch shall automatically switch and reroute all Ethernet traffic to "secondary"/"standby" IP network in the event of the failure of the "active" / "primary" network. This ensures minimum network downtime, which otherwise would have occurred upon the failure of the "primary" network.
Ethernet Link Protection Switch - Data Sheet
Ethernet Link Protection Switch - Presentation
Features and Highlights
- Fail-Safe. Never becomes a point of failure. Automatically reverts to and reconnects the "primary link" / "primary equipment" even in a power down condition.
- User configurable link test parameters.
- User configurable switching parameters.
- Built-in real-time clock / real-time logging maintains a history of all events.
- Serial Management Interface (USB) for local access.
- SNMP Management and Monitoring.
- Remote access over TCP-IP networks. Allows the user to access and carry out maintenance, or / and switch the links remotely, if required.
- Password Controlled Access. Maintains a complete log of all logins.
- Script Assisted Switching. Automatically initiates switching upon the receipt of the scripted message such as an SNMP Trap.
- Switching initiated through external triggers such as "Dry Contact Alarm Relays".
- Manual Switching through front-panel buttons with front-panel button locking facility to prevent accidental switching.
- Disaster Recovery. To provide automatic failover protection in mission critical applications requiring minimum downtime.
- To switch between and automatically re-route IP traffic to the "standby" network / equipment upon the failure of the "primary" transmission network / equipment.
- VCL-SafeComm-N may be used to provide automatic fail-over protection and switching across diverse IP domains such as fiber-radio; or fiber-satellite; or fiber-PSDN (public switched data network).
- Automatic Link Test Feature. Continuously Tests both "active" and "standby" IP links simultaneously for "end-¬to-end" network availability.
- Alerts the user upon the failure of any one of the two "active"/"primary", or "secondary"/"standby" IP transmission network.
- Enhances availability and reliability.
- Eliminates network downtime by automatically / seamlessly switch to the "backup" / "standby" equipment / network in the event of the complete and total failure of the primary/ active equipment / IP network.
- May also be used in combination with VCL-Enigmatron Firewall to provide firewall redundancy, enhanced security and resilience to hostile such as "DoS" (Denial of Service) and "Hack" attacks.
Automatic Ethernet Equipment Failover Switch (Ordering Part#: VCL-2478-SafeComm-Eth-F)
- Provides 1+1 Equipment Protection
- Failsafe: Never becomes a point of failure. Automatically reverts to the primary link even in power down condition.
- Fast automatic switching to standby equipment upon the failure of primary equipment. Ensures that the 99.99% availability requirements are always met for mission critical applications.
- Completely eliminates re-routing of Ethernet cables. Ethernet cables are automatically moved to the available (working) equipment.
- Essential for Air-Traffic Control, Railway and Metro Signaling Networks, Sub-Stations, Oil and Gas pipelines and Industrial Installations requiring minimum service interruption due to equipment failure.
- Disaster Recovery.
To provide 1+1 Equipment Failover Protection – Explained
Application #1 (a)
Ethernet link is connected to RTU-1 / Server-1
Application #1 (b)
Equipment 1 fails. Ethernet link automatically switches to RTU-2 / Server-2
Application #1 (c)
Equipment 1 recovers - Ethernet link automatically reverts and reconnects to RTU-1 / Server-1