VCL-MX-CPS, 1+1 Automatic Protection Switching
Orion Telecom Offers Power Utility Solutions Oil & Gas Networks Solutions Railway & Metro Rail Solutions PTP IEEE-1588v2 GPS Primary Reference Clock Packet Optical Transport Multiplexers Teleprotection SCADA, FOTE, OLTE Digital Cross Connects Echo Cancellers IP/Ethernet over TDM 1+1 APS (Fail-Over) Solutions Monitoring Groomer Solutions
VCL-MX-CPS, 1+1 Automatic Channel Protection Switching Equipment may be used with VCL-MX Version 6, E1 PDH Voice and Data Multiplexer to protect up to 8, 64Kbps and n*64Kbps data channels, or 64 FXS / FXO / Hot-Line channels, or 16 E&M channels, or a mix of the above at customer site / termination point and provide an alternate communication route to each voice and data channel between customer premises equipment and VCL-MX Version 6 voice and data multiplexer chassis.
In the event of the failure of the primary (main) voice or data channel, the VCL-MX-CPS automatically switches the customer premises voice and data equipment to a secondary (standby) voice and data interface.
VCL-MX-CPS equipment is available in a 3U high chassis, which may be mounted in any DIN standard, 19-Inch rack.
This system allows the user to achieve 1+1 (protected) redundant voice and data interface routes between user's voice and data equipment and VCL-MX Version 6 E1 PDH Multiplexer.
Example: The user may deploy the VCL-MX-CPS, 1+1 Automatic Channel Protection Switching Equipment to provide an alternate communication route between the customer premises voice or data equipment and VCL-MX Version 6 Voice or Data interfaces. In the event of the failure of the primary voice or data interface, the channel is automatically switched to the alternate / standby voice or data interface of the VCL-MX Version 6 E1 PDH Multiplexer.
Features and Highlights
- High density channel protection
- To provide an independent protected voice or data connectivity between VCL-MX Version 6, E1 PDH Multiplexer and customer premises voice or data equipment.
- To provide 1+1 voice and data interface redundancy.
- Provide 1+1 protection routing / protected path between VCL-MX Version 6 voice and data interfaces and user's voice or data equipment.
- These ensure that mission critical voice and data traffic links are maintained even during E1 backhaul path, interface and multiplexer failures. When the primary (working) interface fails, the customer premises voice and data traffic equipment is automatically re-routed to the standby (secondary) interface to ensure maximum uptime.
- Alternate Facility Advantages
- Service Differentiation Agreements
- Increased Network Reliability and Resilience
- Media and Path Diversity
- Service Level
- Back-haul Network
- Technology Migration
- 1+1 protected -48V DC power supply input
Application # 1
Application # 2
Channel Protection Chassis: Ordering Code VCL-MX-CPS-S
|Total number of card slots||10|
|Power Supply Card Slots||2 (1+1) for Redundancy|
|Channel Protection Card Slots||8|
Channel Protection Interface Card: Ordering Code VCL-MX-CPS-C
|Total number of protected channels per card||
|Total number of protected channels per chassis||
DC PowerSupply : Ordering Code VCL-MX-1510
|Input DC Voltage||-48V DC (nominal)|
|Range of Input||-36V to -72V DC|
|Output Voltage||5V filtered -48V (for terminal cards)|
|Full Load Current||4A at 48V DC|
|Input Voltage Reversal Protection||Provided in the Card|
|Over Current Protection||6A at 48V DC|
|Short Circuit Protection||Current limit 6A.
Recovers on removal of Short
|Efficiency at Full Load||>91%|
|Ripple at Full Load||<5mVrms|
|Spike at Full Load||<50mV|
|Operating Temperature||-200C to +600C|
|Maximum Operating Humidity||95% R.H, Non-Condensing|
|Maximum Operating Altitude||Up to 3,000 meters above sea level|
|Operation||Complies with ETS 300 019 Class 3.2|
|Storage Temperature||-400C to +700C|
|Storage||Complies with ETS 300 019 Class 1.2|
|Maximum Storage Humidity||98% R.H., Non-Condensing|
|Maximum Storage Altitude||Up to 3,000 meters above sea level|
|Transportation||Complies with ETS 300 019 Class 2.3|
|Weight||12 Kgs. (Approximately fully Loaded)|