VCL-MX Version 6, Upto 80 E1 Voice and Data Multiplexer
Orion Telecom Offers Power Utility Solutions Oil & Gas Networks Solutions Railway & Metro Rail Solutions PTP IEEE-1588v2 GPS Primary Reference Clock Packet Optical Transport Multiplexers Teleprotection SCADA, FOTE, OLTE Digital Cross Connects Echo Cancellers IP/Ethernet over TDM 1+1 APS (Fail-Over) Solutions Monitoring Groomer Solutions
VCL-MX Version 6 - 80 x E1 Multiplexer may be used for inter-connecting legacy voice and data networks, provisioning and managing bandwidth on a E1 channelized level as well as 64Kbps, DS-0 time-slot level and as a digital-access cross-connect equipment. Due to the changing traffic patterns, there is a need to support multiple services from the same equipment like integrated data transport, better network management etc. This necessitated evolution to next generation E1 Multiplexer.
VCL-MX Version 6 - Data Sheet
VCL-MX Version 6 - Flyer
- Under 4ms latency on the E1 / T1 channels
- IEEE-1588v2 Clock Recovery (SECLK)
- Synchronize ToD (Time of Day) and Frequency of all nodes to a centralized / common GPS Receiver
- Synchronization to an External Clock (ECLK)
- Automatic clock priority selection with fall back
- Jitter and Wander conforms to and exceeds G.823 / G.824 and G.8261 and TDM specifications
- Password Protection
- Supports SSH and Radius for access control.
Redundant control card and power supply options make it an ideal solution for network service providers seeking to integrate and provide legacy and the next generation services from a single platform.
Next generation E1 Multiplexer has emerged as one of the most economical and technologically viable solutions for transmitting both voice and data over carrier networks. This technology offers savings on investments / power and space to service providers.
E1 Multiplexer provides a full range of solutions in this evolving field of next generation telecom solutions. E1 Multiplexer family provides the unique advantage of carrying both data and voice over PDH.
The E1 Multiplexer family provides the following features:
- Easy network manageability
- Lower cost per line
- Easy upgradeability
- Carrying both data and voice over PDH
- Easy integration to SDH network
- Higher reliability.
Features and Highlights
The unique features that our E1 Multiplexer offers are:
- 160Mbps, 80 E1 fully non-blocking cross-connect at 64Kbps (DS-0) level 2480 DS-0 – any to any time-slot cross-connect)
- Multi-service platform – may be used to provide a wide variety of voice and data services from single chassis
- 1+1 E1 Link Protection / E1 Port Redundancy (8 E1's per card)
- 1+1 Control Card Processor Redundancy
- 1+1 Cross-Connect / TSI Redundancy
- 1+1 Timing (Synchronization Clock) Redundancy. User selectable synchronization priority
- 1+1 48V DC Power Supply Redundancy (Dual Power Input – allows the equipment to be powered from two separate sources
- Up to 144 FXO or 144 FXS voice channels per unit
- Up to 72 E&M 2-wire / 4-wire voice channels per unit
- Any “mix” of data and voice channels in a single unit
- Universal Slots – slot independent system so that any type of interface card may be inserted and used in any card slot
- Supports R2 CAS, ITU-T Q.421 and ITU-T Q.422 signaling
- Supports CAS Custom / User Programmable ABCD Signaling
- Bit Error Rate (BER) monitoring – BER thresholds to generate BER alarms automatically whenever alarm limits are exceeded
- Supports Long Loops of up to 1200 Ohms
- Supports 75 VRMS and 90 VRSM Ring Voltage Options
- Supports A-law and Mu-law voice coding
- Supports sinusoidal un-balanced ring output
- Provides a ring of ≥75 volts RMS into a load of 5 R.E.N. on each channel with a 0.30 Erlang traffic pattern (5 R.E.N. load = 5 parallel phone load on each Line)
- May be used in a Point-to-Point, Point-to-Multi point, Add-Drop (drop-insert), Tree and Star topology
- SSH for secured access
- SNMP traps
- Maintains Access Security Log
- In-band and Out-of-band management
- GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- USB and RS232, Interface for local connection through the serial interface to the "Network Control and Management Software”
- In-band and Out-of-band system configuration and management interface
- User Selectable Internal, External and Loop-timed clock synchronization priority options.
- Voice and Digital Data services
- Any combination ("mix-n-match") of Voice and Digital Data services deployed from a single VCL-MX "Smart Shelf" - 4, 8, 12, 16 channels per card
- Integrated IEEE C37.94 Teleprotection Interface
- Digital Data option may be used for internet access or video conferencing application
- Wireless applications including Cellular Networks
- Digital Microwave Radio
- SCADA applications
- ATM/Frame Relay circuit termination
- Powerful Network Management System for monitoring and network control
- Compliance with all relevant ITU-T (CCITT) recommendations
- 19-inch, 6U high construction.
VCL-MX Version 6 - E1 160Mbps Multiplexer supports both data and voice traffic.
For voice traffic, it supports the following interfaces:
- E&M (2Wire / 4Wire)
- Hot-Line (Ring-Down)
- 18 five-way / 30 three-way conference
- Ring Generator (75V RMS)
- GEN GEN / Magneto.
For data traffic, it supports the following interfaces:
- Channelized E1 / Fractional E1 data with full cross-connect capability at 64Kbps, DS-0 level
- RS-232 asynchronous data
- Sub-rate multiplexing to provide 4 asynchronous data channels in a single 64Kbps time-slot
- V.24 synchronous data / asynchronous data
- G.703, @ 64 Kbps, co-directional
- V.35, V.36, X.21, V.11, RS530, RS449 synchronous, "n"x64Kbps data
- Relay I/O Card (Dry Contact)
- IEEE C37.94 Teleprotection Interface
- Universal DCE/DTE synchronous "n"x64Kbps data interface
- 8E1 plus 100Mbps Ethernet fiber optical transport interface along with the following:
- EOW (Engineering Order Wire) channel for end to end installation and maintenance
- Local and remote loop back test for diagnostics
- 1+1 Fiber Path protection
- ALS (Auto Laser Shutdown) facility for eye safety
- 10/100M Ethernet Port - 100 Mbps Ethernet data transmission rate complies with IEEE 802.3
- Field upgradable to provide voice, data or both services
- Flexibility on use of transmission medium-copper, fiber or wireless
- Choice of Interfaces for Voice and Data Applications
- USB and RS232, Interface for local connection through the serial interface to the "Network Control and Management Software"
- In-band and Out-of-band system configuration and management interface.
- Channel assignment independent of slot position in the sub-rack
- Extensive set of alarms
- User Selectable Internal, External and Loop-timed clock synchronization priority options
- Universal slots - any interface card can plug in at any interface slot.
- OAM Card.
Security and Password Features:
System Access, Control and Management Options:
- CLI Control Interface (HyperTerminal or VT100)
- SNMP V2 Traps (MIB File provided).
OAM: Operation and Management Ports
- RS232 Serial Port
- USB COM Port
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet for remote access.
Security and Protection
- Secured Access via SSH V2
- Password Protection: Password Protection in compliance with the mandatory clauses of the GR-815-CORE-2 specifications for secured access control.
- Logging: Maintains a log of all successful and un-successful attempts. Logged information includes the ID and the IP address of the accessing entities. Alerts the administrator if the un-successful logging attempts exceed 3.
- Security Audit: All access logs for up to 30 days are maintained for security audit purposes.
- Security log entry of any request or activity including that user-ID (including IP address, if applicable), to establish user accountability
- Report Generation / Audit Trail
- Security Administration.
The VCL-MX offers an excellent flexibility on the choice of transmission medium over which it may be deployed. The transmission medium can be either of the following:
- Optical Fiber
Configuration and Flexibility
VCL-MX Version 6 - E1 160Mbps Multiplexer can be configured as an Add-Drop Multiplexer (ADM) and Terminal Multiplexer (TMUX). It can support diverse topologies like point-to-point, ring, star and tree.
It can be configured in various topologies supporting both electrical and optical interfaces. It can take modular cards, which would enable the customers to start small and grow as traffic demands scale.
Internal Clock, Loop-Timed Clock, External Clock. User selectable synchronization priority
|Synchronization Sources||Internal Clock, span clock timing derived from incoming HDB3 links (Loop-Timed), External Clock, 75 Ohms (TTL), 2.048 Mbits and 120 Ohms (Bits clock)|
|Default Option||Internal Clock (Stratum 3)|
VCL-MX Version # 6 - Voice and Data Drop-Insert Multiplexer offer a variety of management options, The VCL-MX E1 multiplexer management software can be configured using CLI (English text) commands and GUI (Graphical User Interface). The management and configuration commands may be executed from a VT100 terminal, Windows HyperTerminal, any DOS based system, Linux or UNIX based system, or Telnet (remote management).
The equipment provides a wide choice of access ports for connecting to and executing management and configuration commands through its OAM Card.
The OAM card provides:
- COM Port (RS232 Serial Port)
- USB Port
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet Port (each multiplexer may be assigned an IP address and connected to a LAN / IP network for remote access and management through the 10/100BaseT Ethernet Port for out-of-band configuration, management and access)
- SNMP, V2
- Additionally, a Windows based GUI (Graphical User Interface) for easy configuration, management and access.
The VCL-MX has an effective, CLI (text) and GUI based "Network Management Interface", which may be used for configuring and monitoring multiple systems from a single central location.
Application # 1: E1 PDH Multiplexer – SCADA / Power Utility Application
Application # 2: Power Utility Application
Application # 3: E1 Microwave Application
Application # 4: Optical Transport Application
Application # 5: SCADA Conference Application
Application # 6: E & M - Point to Multi-point / Conference Application