Ethernet to E3 Switch (Ethernet over E3 Switch)
Orion Telecom Offers Power Utility Solutions Oil & Gas Networks Solutions Railway & Metro Rail Solutions PTP IEEE-1588v2 GPS Primary Reference Clock Packet Optical Transport Multiplexers Teleprotection SCADA, FOTE, OLTE Digital Cross Connects Echo Cancellers IP/Ethernet over TDM 1+1 APS (Fail-Over) Solutions Monitoring Groomer Solutions
Ethernet over E3 Switch (Ethernet over E3)
Orion's offers its Ethernet to E3 Switch (Ethernet over E3 Switch) packaged in a 19-inch rack-mountable chassis. Provides framed and un-framed E3 options.
Orion Ethernet to E3 Switch (Ethernet over E3 Switch) provides a 100BaseT data interface on the user side which may be used to transport Ethernet traffic over a E3 link. The converter provides a simple and cost effective method to convert and transport 100BaseT ethernet data over a E3 link.
Orion offers its Ethernet to E3 converters (Ethernet over E3 Converters) packaged in a 19-inch 1U (44mm) high rack-mountable chassis.
Data Sheet with 4 Ports - Data Sheet (PDF)
Data Sheet with 1 port - Data Sheet (PDF)
Power Point Presentation (PPS)
Also available Ethernet over DS3 (Ethernet to DS3) Switch
Orion Ethernet to E3 Switch (Ethernet over E3 Switch) provide a 100BaseT data interface which may be used to transport Ethernet traffic over an E3 link. The converter provides a simple and cost effective method to convert and transport 100BaseT ethernet data to an E3 stream. The converter may be accessed by the user for configuration and monitoring through a Windows based GUI that is shipped with the system. It may be also accessed remotely over a TCP-IP network.
- 100 BaseT Ethernet to E3 Conversion (100BaseT over an E3 interface)
- Ethernet over E3 converter - Remote LAN application
- Ethernet over E3 converter - Remote LAN over wireless E3 application
Features and Highlights
- G.703 E3 34 Mbps to Ethernet interface converter
- 100BaseT full duplex fast Ethernet in accordance with IEEE802.34, RJ-45.
- 100 Mbit/s full duplex – Auto-negotiation
- Provides framed and un-framed E3 options
- Stratum 3 Clock
- Local &Remote access and monitoring with either RS232 or 10/100BaseT for remote management over TCP-IP network
- Power Supply: -48V DC or AC power supply options available
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1.What is the maximum Ethernet frame size in bytes, that this product will support over a E3 link?
A1.The maximum Ethernet frame size in bytes for the Ethernet over E3 is 2016 bytes.
Our Ethernet over E3 solution supports Jumbo Frames: Our equipment is equipped with a Committed Information Rate controller (CIR) which manages any data overflows through its 100MHz SDRAM controller which interfaces to a 32-bit wide 128 Mbit SDRAM. The SDRAM is used to buffer the data from the Ethernet and WAN ports for transport. It can accommodate up to 8192 frames with a maximum frame size of 2016 bytes to prevent any data overflows, or loss of packates in the event of a data burst.
Q2. Can this product utilize an unframed E3?
A2.The product provides both unframed E3 and framed E3, which is user selectable.
Why we are better?
Our Ethernet over E3 equipment offers the following necessary features that similar equipment from the other manufacturers do not offer or support...
- We offer the option of Framed E3 as well as Un-Framed E3 option. The framing option is user programmable and use may select the E3 interfaces as Framed E3 or Un-Framed E3.
Note: Enabling the Framing option becomes essential when you inter-connect and use the equipment over an Sonet/SDH network. If you connect an Un-Framed E3 interface of the equipment to a Framed E3 network interface, the network is likely to show an error on the E3 interface.
- Our equipment allows the user to connect to, configure and manage the equipment remotely over a TCP-IP network. Most of the equipment being offered by the competition does not offer this feature.
- Our equipment supports efficient handling of data, even during data bursts. Our product design provides a very large buffer data storage capacity to allow for and handle any data bursts very efficiently.
- Supports Jumbo Frames: Our equipment is equipped with a Committed Information Rate controller (CIR) which manages any data overflows through its 100MHz SDRAM controller which interfaces to a 32-bit wide 128 Mbit SDRAM. The SDRAM is used to buffer the data from the Ethernet and WAN ports for transport. It can accommodate up to 8192 frames with a maximum frame size of 2016 bytes to prevent any data overflows, or loss of packets in the event of a data burst.
Flow control is a part of basic ethernet communication protocol and the TCP-IP flow control protocol ensures that an optimum flow control is maintained at all times.
Note : It is essential that the two routers / servers be operating in the same IP domain (subnet), since the Ethernet Over E3 converter simply interconnects two LANS over a E3 link. The Ethernet Over E3 converter does not do any routing function. It simply provides a bridge to inter-connect two LANs over a E3 link.
Note: The equipment should always be installed and used in pairs - with each unit to be installed at either end of the E3 link.
Equipment Maintenance and Management
- Serial Management Port (RS232) – COM Port
- TCP/IP - 10/100 BaseT for remote management over a LAN / TCP/IP network
- SNMP V2 (MIB File provided with the equipment)
- Telnet - CLI (Command Line Interface)
- Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Network Management System (to monitor multiple units from a single central location).
Indications and Alarm Monitoring
- E3 Loss of Signal
- Loss of incoming signal at 100 BaseT Ethernet
- Configuration Error Alarm
- Clock Status
- +3 Volts Power Supply
- -48V DC present
- Configuration Error
Application 1: Remote LAN Connections (Shared Link Mode)
Application 2: Remote LAN Connections over Wireless E3
Application 3: Ethernet over E3 application with Encryption Device