Ethernet over DS3 (Ethernet to DS3) Switch
Orion Telecom Offers Power Utility Solutions Oil & Gas Networks Solutions Railway & Metro Rail Solutions PTP IEEE-1588v2 GPS Primary Reference Clock Packet Optical Transport Multiplexers Teleprotection SCADA, FOTE, OLTE Digital Cross Connects Echo Cancellers IP/Ethernet over TDM 1+1 APS (Fail-Over) Solutions Monitoring Groomer Solutions
Ethernet over DS3 (Ethernet to DS3) Switch
Orion offers its Ethernet over DS3 Switch (Ethernet to DS3 Switch) packaged in a 1U, 19-inch rack-mountable chassis.
Orion Ethernet over DS3 Switch (Ethernet over DS3 Switch) provides a four 100BaseT Ethernet and 100Base-FX optical (optional) ethernet interfaces on the user side which may be used to transport Ethernet traffic over a DS3 link. Both ethernet interfaces may be used simultaneously. The Switch provides a simple and cost effective method to convert and transport ethernet data over an DS3 link.
Power Point Presentation (PPS)
Also available Ethernet to E3 (Ethernet over E3) Converter / Switch
- 100 BaseT Ethernet to E3 Conversion (100BaseT over an E3 interface)
- Ethernet over E3 converter - Remote LAN application
- Ethernet over E3 converter - Remote LAN over wireless E3 application
Features and Highlights
- Ethernet interface to DS3 44.736 Mbps converter.
- 4x100BaseT full duplex fast ethernet interface in accordance with IEEE802.3, RJ-45.
- 3x100BaseT full duplex fast ethernet interface + 1x100Base-FX full duplex optical ethernet interface accordance with IEEE802.3.
- Framed and un-framed DS3 options available.
- Local and Remote access and monitoring with either RS232 or 10/100BaseT for remote management over TCP-IP network.
- Power Supply: -48V DC or 110V AC power supply options available.
- Dual -48V DC (1+1) power input option.
- Full duplex – Auto negotiation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1.What is the maximum Ethernet frame size in bytes, that this product will support over a DS3 link?
A1.The maximum Ethernet frame size in bytes for the Ethernet over DS3 is 2016 bytes.
Our Ethernet over DS3 solution supports Jumbo Frames: Our equipment is equipped with a Committed Information Rate controller (CIR) which manages any data overflows through its 100MHz SDRAM controller which interfaces to a 32-bit wide 128 Mbit SDRAM. The SDRAM is used to buffer the data from the Ethernet and WAN ports for transport. It can accommodate up to 8192 frames with a maximum frame size of 2016 bytes to prevent any data overflows, or loss of packates in the event of a data burst.
Q2. Can this product utilize an unframed DS3?
A2.The product provides both unframed DS3 and framed DS3, which is user selectable.
Why we are better?
Our Ethernet over DS3 equipment offers the following necessary features that similar equipment from the other manufacturers do not offer or support...
- We offer the option of Framed DS3 as well as Un-Framed DS3 option. The framing option is user programmable and use may select the DS3 interfaces as Framed DS3 or Un-Framed DS3.
Note: Enabling the Framing option becomes essential when you inter-connect and use the equipment over an Sonet/SDH network. If you connect an Un-Framed DS3 interface of the equipment to a Framed DS3 network interface, the network is likely to show an error on the DS3 interface.
- We offer 4x100BaseT full duplex fast ethernet interfaces in accordance with IEEE802.3, RJ-45.
- We also offer 3x100BaseT full duplex fast ethernet interfaces + 1x100Base-FX full duplex optical ethernet interface accordance with IEEE802.3, (optional).
- Dual -48V DC (1+1) power input options.
- Our equipment allows the user to connect to, configure and manage the equipment remotely over a TCP-IP network. Most of the equipment being offered by the competetion does not offer this feature.
- Our equipent supports efficient handling of data, even during data bursts. Our product design provides a very large buffer data storage capacity to allow for and handle any data bursts very efficiently.
- Supports Jumbo Frames: Our equipment is equipped with a Committed Information Rate controller (CIR) which manages any data overflows through its 100MHz SDRAM controller which interfaces to a 32-bit wide 128 Mbit SDRAM. The SDRAM is used to buffer the data from the Ethernet and WAN ports for transport. It can accommodate up to 8192 frames with a maximum frame size of 2016 bytes to prevent any data overflows, or loss of packates in the event of a data burst.
Flow control is a part of basic ethernet communication protocol and the TCP-IP flow control protocol ensures that an optimum flow control is maintained at all times.
Note: It is essential that the two routers / servers be operating in the same IP domain (subnet), since the Ethernet Over DS3 converter simply interconnects two LANS over a DS3 link. The Ethernet Over DS3 converter does not do any routing function. It simply provides a bridge to inter-connect two LANs over a DS3 link.
Note: The equipment should always be installed and used in pairs - with each unit to be installed at either end of the DS3 link.
Equipment Maintenance and Management
- Serial Management Port (RS232) – COM Port
- TCP/IP - 10/100 BaseT for remote management over a LAN / TCP/IP network
- SNMP V2 (MIB File provided with the equipment)
- Telnet - CLI (Command Line Interface)
- Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Network Management System (to monitor multiple units from a single central location).
Indications and Alarm Monitoring
- DS3 Loss of Signal
- Loss of DS3 frame (in framed DS3 mode)
- Loss of incoming signal at 100 BaseT Ethernet
- Loss of ethernet packets, errored ethernet packets, over-sized ethernet packets and under-sized ethernet packets log.
- Configuration Error Alarm
- Clock Status
- +3 Volts Power Supply
- -48V DC present
- Configuration Error
- Telnet interface for remote programming and monitoring by using CLI text commands
- Easy to use programming using Windows based GUI.
- Status of alarms on DS3 interface.
- Status of alarms on 100BaseT interface.
Application 1: Remote LAN Connections
Application 2: Remote LAN Connection over Wireless T3 / DS3
Application 3: Ethernet over T3 / DS3 Link with Encryption Device