VCL-E1oP (2E1 Port FE Version), TDM over IP / TDM over Packet / TDM over MPLS
Orion Telecom Offers Power Utility Solutions Oil & Gas Networks Solutions Railway & Metro Rail Solutions PTP IEEE-1588v2 GPS Primary Reference Clock Packet Optical Transport Multiplexers Teleprotection SCADA, FOTE, OLTE Digital Cross Connects Echo Cancellers IP/Ethernet over TDM 1+1 APS (Fail-Over) Solutions Monitoring Groomer Solutions
VCL-E1oP (2 E1 Port FE Version)
TDM to IP / TDM to Packet
Orion Telecom Networks Inc. offers 'VCL-E1oP' E1 over Packet (2 E1 Port FE Version) TDM over IP equipment supports transmission of up to 2 x E1 links over IP / Ethernet, pseudowire, MEF or MPLS networks.
The 'VCL-E1oP' E1 over Packet (2 E1 Port FE Version) TDM over IP equipment, equipped with a powerful ARM-Cortex Processor which provides a highly reliable clock recovery mechanism for low jitter and wander control, even under variable network conditions.
2 x E1 Port E1oP (E1 over Packet) TDM over IP equipment is available with various Electrical (10/100BaseT) and Optical (100BaseFX) Ethernet port options which allow the users to implement 1+1 add-drop (Drop-Insert), Ethernet link redundancy (using Port Trunking / Port Bonding) and 802.1p based QoS mechanisms for network optimization.
The 'VCL-E1oP' E1 over Packet (2 E1 Port FE Version) TDM over IP equipment also optimizes on the network usage, such that the bandwidth used by the E1oP equipment on the packet network is limited to the corresponding to the number of E1 ports and the time-slots that are being transported over the Ethernet / packet network.
- 19-Inch rack mountable
- 1U form factor (44mm)
- 1+1 Redundant Power Supplies, AC and DC, or AC plus DC
- Redundant power supply inputs.
- Extended Temperature Range: (-200C to +600C)
- EMI / EMC Complaint
- Real Time battery backed clock with life in excess of 10 Years
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) - Optional
Key Features - E1 and E1oP Interface
- Supports 2 independent E1 interfaces.
- Internal, External, Adaptive, Recovered clock and Asymmetrical (One-Clock and Two Clock) options for the E1 TDM port synchronization. Automatic clock priority selection with fall back.
- Absolute and Differential times stamps.
- Jitter and Wander conforms to G.823 / G.824 and G.8261 and TDM specifications.
- Supports three E1 framing modes - Framed, Unframed and Multi-framed with CAS signaling.
- Supports IETF-PWE3 (pseudo-wire), SAToP and CESoPSN transport mechanisms.
- Supports CESoPSN payload mechanism to support the fractional E1 with data rate of 64Kbps to 2.048Mbps (DS0 timeslot level). User configurable data rate from 64kbps to 2048kbps, in steps of 64kbps.
- CESoPSN payload mechanism feature allows the user to optimize the packet switched network by limiting its usage to the corresponding number of timeslots carried by an E1 channel.
- Supports SAToP payload mechanism to transport full E1 (transparent to the structure of the TDM frame useful for transporting framed / unframed E1 channels).
- Supports network latency / packet delay variation / jitter buffer of up to 512ms.
- Supports IP, MPLS and MEF8 (Metro Ethernet) addressing.
- 120 Ohms balanced E1 interfaces. Optional 75 Ohms BNC interface (120 Ohms to 75 Ohms cables provided).
- E1 local and remote loop-back (RLOOP) facility for testing and diagnostics.
Key Features - Ethernet / IP Network Interface
- Optical SFP based (10Base-FX) and Electrical (100Base-T) Ethernet port and PoE options
- 4 x 10/100BaseT Copper Ports.
- 2 x 10/100BaseT Copper Ports, 2 x 10/100BaseT Ports with PoE.
- 2 x 100BaseFX Optical Fiber Ports, 2 x 10/100BaseT Copper Ports.
- 2 x 100BaseFX Optical Fiber Ports, 2 x 10/100BaseT Ports with PoE. (may use any one combination of above mentioned Ethernet Ports)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) (available options as above). Meets and exceeds the Telcordia GR-1089-CORE Lighting and Power Contact Protection requirements.
- VTC Virtual Cable tester on all PHY (Electrical Ethernet) Ports.
- Point-to-point and point-to-multipoint applications based on IP addressing.
- Supports drop and insert applications.
- 1+1 Ethernet Link Redundancy (Hitless) Redundant Link Protection.
- Supports QoS, 802.1p based packet priority.
- Port Control Egress Mode (Tagged/ Un-Tagged/ Un-Modified) 802.1Q Mode.
- Q-in-Q Tagging.
- User configurable MTU (E1oP payload) packet size. May be configured from 1 to 1800 Bytes.
- Switch supports jumbo frame sizes of up to 2048 Bytes.
- Port based and Tag based VLANs Supports 1-4095 VLAN Ids.
- Supports Ethernet rate limiting on each port.
- Supports Packet priority assignment (IP Diffserv / DSCP).
Few Key Features Explained
VLAN Based Priority (Classifying Services) - VLAN based Priority feature allows the user to assign priorities to different VLANs carrying various types of services / traffic according based on user categories and preferences. The user may assign highest priority to TDM (E1/E3) traffic and Ethernet services on a lower priority. User may also configure which TDM link should be given preference over the other TDM links when the uplink bandwidth falls below a particular threshold.
Flow Control in an Ethernet Packet Networks: (Regulating Traffic) - Flow Control feature allows the user to regulate Ethernet traffic flow to minimize packet loss due to data bursts.
Port / Customer based bandwidth allocation (Port Rate Limiting) - Port based Ingress Ethernet Rate Limiting allows the user to assign the bandwidth as per port / service requirements, in addition to provisioning traffic by using 802.1Q and 802.1p VLANs and packet priority.
System Management, Monitoring and Alarm Interfaces
- External Alarm - Dry contact relay alarms are also available at rear of the system to connect the system to an external alarm.
- NMS (Network Management System) to monitor multiple units from single Central Location.
- Port Trunking.
- Supports system temperature monitoring with High Temperature and Low Temperature alarms and SNMP Traps.
- Supports SNMP V2 Monitoring and Traps.
- UDP-specific "Special" Ethernet type.
- In band VCCV ARP.
- Broadcast DA.
- Self-test for checking system errors upon system bootup.
- Event Logging.
- Clock Performance Alarms.
- Network Performance Alarms.
- Network Performance Monitoring and Diagnostics.
- Online / remote upgrade of firmware.
OAM: Operation and Management Ports
- RS232 (DB9) Serial Port.
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet Management for In-band remote access.
System Access, Control and Management Options
- CLI Control Interface (HyperTerminal or VT100).
- SNMP V2 Traps (MIB File provided).
- Windows based GUI (Graphical User Interface) for easy configuration, management and access. Ability to monitor multiple units from a single NMS.
- Password Protection.
- Dry Contact Relay - 2 Form C
- Rated upto 72V DC, 1 Amp.
Power Supply Options
- Dual Redundant
- 1+1 AC power (100 to 240V AC, 50 / 60 Hz)
- 1+1 DC (-48V) power (40 to 72V DC)
- 1+1 DC (-24V) power (18 to 40V DC)
- AC plus DC (AC + DC), AC or DC
- EMI / EMC compliant.
- <15 Watts (without PoE) PoE 40 Watts per channel